Genuine Jaguar Parts - Oil Filters
The Price of Unfiltered Oil
There is the risk that the use of a non-representative oil filter not meeting Jaguar standards and specifications could lead to substantial vehicle problems. Some of the major issues that might occur include:
- A filter blocks too quickly; this may cause an emergency bypass valve to open which supplies unfiltered oil to the engine that could damage engine components.
- Not to standard filtration allows too many or too large particles to pass through, increasing engine wear and increasing emissions output.
- A filter element bursts or breaks up due to the lack of ability to handle engine oil running at a high temperature, potentially leading to engine failure.
- Poor material and tolerances could compromise sealing ability. A failure to seal may lead to engine failure through unfiltered oil or low oil pressure.
- Not meeting the specified service interval
To avoid these issues, genuine Jaguar oil filters go through a development process that includes thousands of hours of engine tests being completed. From these tests, filters and oil samples from representative service intervals are returned to suppliers for analysis to ensure the high specifications are met. Oil filters are subjected to thousands of miles of intense vehicle testing in sweltering hot 100°F climates and sub-zero arctic cold climates.
To reach a 'micron' level of filtration, Genuine Jaguar Parts oil filters use the highest standard of materials and technology. As an example, the new generation of AJ133 engines in the model year 2010 Jaguar XF have adopted the use of a fiberglass media as opposed to paper to provide superior filtration efficiency.