ALL NEW XJ
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS... FIRST SIGHT OF JAGUAR'S ALL-NEW XJ
COVENTRY, ENGLAND, (April 20, 2009) - An all new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July – and today saw the preview and release of first information on this breathtaking new Jaguar.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O'Driscoll confirmed that:
- The all new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 - but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
- The all new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar's aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
- All of Jaguar's new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel* and 510 hp supercharged V8.
- There will be a choice of standard or long wheelbase models.
- The all new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.
Dependent on market, the all new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year.
*Not available in North America.
From its beginning as a manufacturer of motorcycle sidecars in 1922, Jaguar Cars has grown to become one of the world's premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars and with that, one of the most recognized commercial brands. The company's vision is simple: To produce beautiful fast cars that are desired the world over. The company operates two manufacturing plants in the United Kingdom and is fully engaged in environmental programs, community work and brand awareness exercises such as motorsports.