Jaguar Unveiled C-X17 Concept Study At Frankfurt Show
C-X17 design study introduced Jaguar's new, highly-advanced, modular aluminum architecture at Frankfurt Motor Show.
The C-X17 has been created as a design study to introduce Jaguar's new, highly-advanced, modular aluminum architecture.
The concept illustrates the diversity of vehicles that could be produced using this architecture, which underpins the innovative future of the Jaguar brand.
On September 9th, Jaguar unveiled its all-new C-X17 concept vehicle on the eve of the Frankfurt Motor Show. Watch the event to have a unique look at the exciting future of Jaguar design.
Watch event >
• Jaguar announces next-generation lightweight technologies in the form of an all-new advanced aluminum unibody architecture
• It is lightweight, extremely stiff and incorporates innovative technologies that reflect Jaguar's commitment to sustainability
• This advanced lightweight architecture will form the basis for a new range of future Jaguars; the first product will be a mid-size premium C/D segment sedan launching beginning in 2015, and in North America in 2016
• This will be the first aluminum unibody product in the segment and is positioned to be the most advanced, efficient and refined sports sedan in its class
• Power will be provided by a range of engines including the new family of high-output, fuel-efficient gasoline and diesel engines to be built at Jaguar Land Rover's new UK engine manufacturing facility
• These will enable Jaguar to offer a range of vehicles that include models with class-leading performance, including top speeds of over 300km/h (186mph), and emissions lower than 100g of CO2 per km
• Looking to the future, the C-X17 concept is a study to demonstrate the capabilities of the new advanced aluminum unibody architecture
• It blends the sleek design and sporting performance that are hallmarks of Jaguar, with the crossover benefits of an assured driving position and high levels of flexibility
• The C-X17 also showcases advanced interior technologies including Interactive Surface Console - a multi-screen infotainment network that links passengers with each other and the outside world through social media channels
Jaguar will also display its newly-introduced production models at the Frankfurt Motor Show. These will include the recently launched 'R' performance models - the XJR and XFR-S and highly-acclaimed F-TYPE.